Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Interactive Web pages

This week we have been instructed on our two blog posts for our blog, so I will continue with the subject matter of technology in police work next week.

 For this week, we have been asked to share our experiences on creating interactive web pages thus far. As I've stated before, I knew this course would be challenging, however if you follow the weekly instructions step by step and don't fall behind it's very easy to keep up with.

 The one downside of making these web pages is the sensitivity that comes with writing computer code. One extra comma or forgetting to close a line of html code throws the entire thing off and leaves you spinning your head as to why the program isn't working. I've sat for lengthy periods of time wondering what I'd done wrong only to find out that I forgot to close a line of code, or when referencing the document I typed it in using a capital letter as opposed to lower case.

 All in all I don't think I could ever enjoy creating websites from scratch for a living, it is however a nice feeling when you see the results of the work you've put in. It has also without a doubt given me a new found appreciation for those who are involved in this line of work. These web pages that we are creating are very basic, I can only imagine the time and effort it takes for code writers of intricate pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment