Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Web Applications Review - Week 6 Topic

This week in class we were tasked with finding applications on the web that interest us and our experience in using them. My only real experience has been with this application (www.blogger.com), so I reviewed how I have used it so far.

 As I stated in my discussion post, the blogger web application allows for simple posting of blog material. It is easy to use, and key features are displayed in an easy to find format. Much of the computer code work is taken out of your hands by simply clicking on the "add video" or "add picture" buttons on the top of the page. Those who have read my post in the discussion forum know that I referred to the application as so easy to use that instead of my weekly blog posts seeming like a homework assignment, I actually enjoy doing it and see it as more of a hobby than a chore.

 The best thing about our class discussion forum is that it allows for everyone to share there own experiences with a particular topic and this week has proven no different. In reading through posts I have since tried out the Pandora application for Internet Radio, as well as the "MapMyRun" web application, to map out future routes and keep track of my weekly mileage. This is extremely useful as I continue to prepare for the National Law Enforcement Memorial 5k to be held in Washington DC in May.

 As of the time of this blog post I have yet to have anyone respond to my post about blogger.com but if people are like me they too appreciate the simplicity of the application.

No comments:

Post a Comment